Today is Studs & Pearls' 4th birthday!! Yesterday also happened to be my 26th. I think that calls for a festive DIY, don't you think?
Learn how to whip up a simple metallic ombre party hat, right this way:
- Colored Card Stock Paper
- Scrap Card Stock or Water Color Paper (for creating the template)
- Dinner Plate (for creating the template)
- Metallic Spray Paint
- Hole Punch
- Elastic Cord
- Scotch Tape or Stapler
1) On the scrap card stock/watercolor paper, draw a diagonal line measuring about 5 in (12.7 cm).
2) Draw a dot 2.5 in (6.35 cm) below the upper end of the line.
3) Draw a 9 in (22.86 cm) line through the dot, starting at the lower end of the initial diagonal line.
4) Draw the last line of the triangle. It should also measure 5 in (12.7 cm) long.
5) Place the plate so that the perimeter rests right at the 2 bottom corners (look closely, below!)
6) Trace the plate. You'll end up with something like this.
7) Cut out to complete your template.
8) Trace onto the card stock.
9) Cut out.
10) Head outside and spray paint the bottom half (or top, if you prefer). The spray paint will naturally feather, creating a slight gradient. Don't forget to protect your work surface.
11) When completely dry, bend the bottom corners so that they overlap. Secure with tape or a stapler.
12) Punch a hole on each side of the cone you just created.
13) Tie a strand of stretchy cord.
14) Party on!
It's pretty crazy to think that Studs & Pearls has been around for 4 years. So much has happened since 2010 - it has become such a huge part of my life. S&P has become more than just a blog to me, but something that defines what I do and how I see the world. So happy that you guys have stuck around this long! Here's to many more years of creating and sharing ideas.